1. Author and columnist Gustavo Arellano will be at the Altadena Library, 600 E. Marisposa St., for a free presentation on how Mexican food “conquered America,” today Monday at 7 p.m. Read more about the presentation here.
2. There is a free zumba class 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 at the Phoenix Fitness Center, 2515 E Washington Blvd, Pasadena. Read details here.
3. Join the Altadena Library in reading Otis by Loren Long in Read for the Record, a nationwide literacy awareness event aiming to break the world record of people reading the same book on the same day. The event begins at 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 3 at 600 E. Mariposa St.
4. The Altadena Library will host the annual In-N-Out reading program Saturday, Oct. 5 through Nov. 16. Read details here.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.