1. The Altadena Town Council Land Use Committee meets 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 3 at the Altadena Community Center, 730 E. Altadena Drive. The committee will hear a conditional use permit request for 3085 Ridgeview Drive regarding an approval to increase the number of inpatient housing accommodations.
2. Altadena residents of Census Tract 4603.01 will have a chance to meet councilmembers Judy Mathews and Damon L. Hobdy and discuss issues affecting their local community at a Meet and Greet 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 7 at Loma Alta Park, 3330 Lincoln Ave.
3. The Altadena Farmers Market is Wednesday evening from 4 to 8 p.m. at Loma Alta Park. Enjoy your choice of products by Altadena-based farmers and sellers. Visit the market’s Facebook page for more information.
4. The Pacific Opera Project will perform Gilbert & Sullivan’s The Mikado with a Japanese twist Sept – 8 at Porticos Art Space, 2033 E. Washington, inside St. James United Methodist Church. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit pacificoperaproject.com.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.