1. Starting today, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art’s Altadena Art + Film Lab opens at Charles White Park Friday for five weeks of free art and film programming and education. Click here for details.
2. The last Fancy Food Truck Friday until spring will be Friday, Sept. 13 from 5 to 9 p.m. at Webster’s parking lot 2450 N. Lake Ave. Food trucks slated to serve are Cambalache’s Argentinian Truck, Roll’N Lobster, Sweet E’s Bake Shop, Trailer Park Truck, Red Beanz & Rice and The Reuben Truck.
3. The First Presbyterian Church, Altadena, 2775 Lincoln Ave., will celebrate its 100th anniversary with the Fall Festival Saturday, Sept. 14. Included at the festival will be a photo presentation and a performance of the play “One Way or Another– Overcoming the Odds One Base at a Time.” The free performance will be held in the church sanctuary at 5 p.m. The festival opens at 3 p.m.
4. The Altadena Main Library, 600 E. Mariposa St., is hosting its monthly Lego Club 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14. The club is open to children ages 1 to 13.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.