1. Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich recently announced that three firefighting aircrafts with a $2.75 million price tag are now ready to take on Southland fires this season. Read the story here.
2. Fair Trade Altadena will be supporting Fair Trade Pasadena in a fundraiser 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 27 at Whole Foods, 465 S. Arroyo Parkway, Pasadena The event includes appetizers, wine and beer. Tickets can be purchased in advance at:http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/441643.
3. Tonight’s show at Coffee Gallery Backstage is Shelby & Tieg, a bubbly folk pop duo described as “the kind of music your mother would love to have you love when you were thirteen.” Concert begins at 8 p.m. Admission is $10.
4. What does a director of the Institute for Community Health and Wellbeing at Cal State Northridge, a real estate economist and a Pasadena City College student have in common? They are in the running for the Pasadena City College Board of Trustees seat representing La Cañada Flintridge, West Pasadena and West Altadena. Read the story here.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.