1. Altadena organizations will join millions of participants throughout the state in the annual earthquake drill the Great California ShakeOut this morning at 10:17 a.m. Local participants include Pasadena Unified School District and Altadena Cert. Read the story here.
2. Altadena Library, 600 E. Mariposa St., hosts “3 Latina Poets – A Bilingual Event” Thursday, Oct. 17. This event is the second of the ALTA-L.A Poetry Series hosted by Linda Dove, the library’s Poet Laureate. This free series is sponsored by the Friends of the Altadena Library. Open mic readers may perform their poems in either Spanish or English.
3. Although it’s fall, it will be a warm 80 degrees in Altadena today. Temperatures will hover in the low 80s throughout this week, according to Weather.gov.
4. Looking to buy a home in Altadena? Check out this week’s listings of homes for sale in Altadena.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.