1. The Pasadena Senior Center is offering free sample classes
for people 50 and older during the month of October. The following are today’s classes: Pep Up Your Life at 9 a.m. in the Dance Studio, International Folk
Dance at 9 a.m. in the West Pavilion, Pilates at 9:30 a.m. in the West
Pavilion, Alexander Technique at 9:30 a.m. in the Dance Studio, Tap Dance at 10
a.m. in the Dance Studio, Zumba Gold at 10 a.m. in the West Pavilion,
Watercolor Class at 10 a.m. in the Cliff Benedict Room, Belly Dancing at 10:30
a.m. in the West Pavilion, Commercial Acting at 10:30 a.m. in the Cliff
Benedict Room, Internet Class at 10:30 a.m. in the Computer Lab, Yoga (morning
class) at 11:30 a.m. in the West Pavilion and English Conversation at 11:30
a.m. in the Community Room.
After sampling classes, register at www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org (click on Classes and Lectures) or pick up a registration form at the Pasadena Senior Center, 85 E. Holly St. Registration deadline is Friday, Oct. 11. Most classes range from $15 to $70 for Pasadena Senior Center members; non-members pay an additional $35. Scholarships for low-income seniors are available on a limited basis. For more information call (626) 795-4331.
2. Altadena Town Councilman Bill Ward resigned from the council after a few short months. Read his statement here.
3. A 51-year-old man spent the night in the Arroyo Seco Canyon after becoming lost Sunday. Rescue teams found him the following day.
4. Looking for a job in Altadena or the surrounding area? Check out Patch’s job listings page courtesy of Career Builder.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.