1. The Altadena Town Council will meet 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17 at the Altadena Community Center, 730 E. Altadena Dr.
2. You can learn how to make costumes from things found around the house in the “Glue and Go” costume workshop today at 4 p.m. at the Altadena Main Library, 600 E. Mariposa St. The workshop is open to all ages.
3. Tuesday’s forecast is expected to be sunny with a high of 85 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The overnight low is forecast to be 60 degrees.
4. Renatta Cooper, president of the Pasadena Unified School District Board of Education, will deliver the annual State of the Schools Address Tuesday, Sept. 24 at Jackson Elementary School, 593 W. Woodbury Road, Altadena. Among the topics to be discussed are the new Common Core standards, California school funding reform, and PUSD’s master planning effort. Read more on this story here.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.