1. A Pasadena judge determined that there was enough evidence to proceed with a trial for two suspects charged in the 1997 slaying of an Altadena man. Darryl Lamont Johnson, 38, and Dominique Evans, 41, will appear in court for a Sept. 23 pretrial hearing.
2. Author Grover Bravo will present a program on health and effective communication between parents and the children in a Spanish-language presentation 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10. at the Bob Lucas Branch Library, 2659 N. Lincoln Ave.
3. Pasadena City College is hosting free parenting classes in various locations throughout the San Gabriel Valley, including Altadena, Arcadia, Pasadena, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena and Temple City. Apply online at http://www.pasadena.edu/cec/programs/parent_ed.cfm or call 626-585-3038.
4. Today’s Altadena weather forecast is mostly clear with a high of 82 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The overnight low is 62 degrees.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.