1. There will be a bilingual workshop on the “Affordable Care Act and You” 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Bob Lucas Branch Library, 2659 N. Lincoln Ave. The workshop will discuss health insurance and new coverage options. The workshop will also cover local services in the Pasadena/Altadena area.
2. Drop into the Altadena Main Library today, Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 11 a.m. for Preschool Storytime. The free event is open to children 3 to 5 years old and their parents or caregivers.
3. The Altadena Farmers’ Market is today at Loma Alta Park from 3-7 p.m. Check the market’s Facebook page for updates on vendors and activities.
4. Gusty, dry winds are prompting weather officials to issue a fire weather watch today for portions of Los Angeles County. Read the story here.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.