Updated: We've got our puppy contestants, but we don't yet have viewed comments on which dog is the most cute.
So to resolve this contest, which does in fact have a real prize, we are asking you to scroll through the photos and vote in the poll below to tell us who should be our winner.
We are extending the voting period through Friday at noon, at which point we can declare a winner. Go to it voters!
Original: Every time we write about dogs on this site, we are never short of readers and adoring comments
That's why in honor of National Puppy Day March 23, Patch is soliciting photos of its readers and their furry friends.
Upload pictures of your puppy—or in some cases, puppies—to this article for all to see.
Throughout the weekend and through Monday, we'll host a cutest puppy contest.
Vote for your favorite in comments.
The pup who receives the most comments will win $25 Petsmart/Petco gift card! (Anyone can enter, but you must live in Altadena.)
To upload a photo of your dog, just click on the "Upload Photos and Videos" to the right of this text or above the photo. It's as easy as that.
Oh and after you upload your photo, be sure to tell us the name of your pooch in the caption, and why you love 'em in comments.
Altadena Patch does not have his own puppy, unfortunately, to start the contest going (if this was a kitten contest, that would be a different story). So the first photo up here comes from the cutest pup we could find in our archive photos.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, post an image of your puppy.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. March 28.
- You may enter as many times as you like.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $25 gift card from either PetSmart or Petco. Approximate Retail Value: $25.
- Click on document above for Official Rules.