The Altadena Crest Trail Restoration Working Group will hold a meeting Tuesday at 7p.m. at Altadena Community Center.
The draft agenda (also attached) includes:
- County / City / U.S. Government Announcements of any items not covered later on agenda. Sussy Nemer / Field Deputy for Supervisor Antonovich; Jan Takata or Ken Slu / Senior Manager Chief Executive Office; Lorrie Bradley / Park Planner, Special Trails Projects, County Parks & Recreation; Pasadena TBD; Dennis Merkel / Recreation Staff Officer USFS; others?
- Any serious new trail conditions or problems requiring immediate attention (firsthand reports strongly preferred; photos much appreciated)?
- Presentation by Arroyos & Foothills Conservancy re: plans for ACT connection through Rubio Gateway acquisition, and trail-relevant plans for Millard Canyon acquisition: John Howell, Executive Director AFC (15 –30 minutes) – *Delayed until further notice from John Howell (since February 2012)*
- La Vina litigation resolved: update & resumption of trail planning
- Lack of maintenance and deterioration of the Brown Mt. Road (Truck Trail) providing fire truck / crew access and local evacuation routes: report on recent site inspection; + discussion of ACT segment (near Chaney Trail) connecting the ACT to Millard Canyon campground
- Cobb Estate entrance improvement, Eagle Scout project. Protective boulders in place; native landscaping protection update? Volunteers needed for maintenance? Security issues.
- Rubio Gap Update: County maps with proposed route(s), planning process & schedule?
- Owen Brown Grave Monument found: Restoration of granite marker & landmark status of gravesite, Owen Brown Trail?
- Bench for a scenic overlook on ACT (above Cobb Estate) project status update? There may be no update at this time.
- Update on locked Pinecrest Gate
- Rim of the Valley Corridor comments were due to Nattional Parks Service Jan. 7 http://www.nps.gov/pwro/rimofthevalley/
Which of these agenda items are you most concerned about? Share your thoughts in the comments section.