Last month's fell on a very unusually cold April day and though the temperatures have dipped again this week, the forecast for this week's event is for it to be a bit warmer.
And like the weather, the food truck options are a little different from last month, so we're pleased to be the first to introduce you to what is on the menu next week. The event takes place on Friday, May 13 from 5 to 9 p.m. behind the Webster's complex at the intersection of Lake Avenue and Marcheta Street.
Here are the vendors:
- The Border Grill Truck- Tacos, quesadillas, ceviche, and more, all with organic long grain rice and beans, according to its website. The promoters of the event have been pushing this truck as being particularly popular at other venues in the county, so it might pay to show up early to avoid the lines there.
- Greenz On Wheelz - This one has been a regular at Fancy Food Truck Fridays and the only one I can personally recommend. Also, this is your default healthy option- basically it's a salad with some delicious grilled meat and sauce wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. I'd go for the blue cheese steak option. Lines tend to be shorter here as well - I don't know why, personally.
- Hungry Nomad - Also known as the only repeat Fancy Food Friday truck I have not yet sampled from. The chicken pesto sandwich always tempts me though. There are also various Middle Eastern wraps and pastries, according to the truck website.
- OG Tempura - Consider me intrigued by the soft shell crabs wrapped in angel hair pasta and bacon, deep fried in tempura batter served with pesto aioli. Looks like there are all kinds of interesting things fried in tempura at this truck.
- Aunties Fry Bread - Japanese-Native America fusion food? Yes, you heard that right. The back story (according to the truck website) is a family of Japanese farmers developed fried bread recipes from dishes they learned from the Crow people in Montana. These fry bread tacos are a flat fried bread with meat, vegetables, and sauce.
- Tango Mango - At last, a dessert option! Ice cream and frozen yougurt of various flavors, and according to the Yelp reviews, we may well be offered free samples.
My only regret is no Shrimp Pimp truck this month, but as long as that truck is present it's hard to make room in the belly for other options. Here's to hoping for a large turnout.