The second Friday of the month is here and you know what that means: the best event with a parking lot venue that can be found in Altadena.
For those who don't know, Fancy Food Truck Friday runs from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday in the parking lot behind the complex. There is no charge to show up to the event.
In addition to the usual parking lot fun, this month there seems to be an inside party going on at . Lori Webster, the owner, writes that customers can "taste of Susann Edmonds' Jabberwocky Smooth Jerk and listen to the fabulous sounds of Altadena's favorite musician, HB3."
If you visit any of the Webster's stores, remember the owners are the folks who got this food truck event rolling and will hopefully continue to keep it rolling, so be sure to support them if you can.
Friday's event looks like a good lineup, with four established trucks that have proved their value at previous events, and there are also two newcomers. Let's break it down!
New to Town
- Ragin' Cajun--The Shrimp Pimp has some competition at this week's Fancy Food Truck Friday. The Cajun serves up Fried Shrimp Po' Boys, and the Po' Boy is a mainstay of the longstanding Shrimp Pimp truck. I guess it is a matter of whether you want your Po' Boy shrimp fried or grilled. This truck also has gumbo and red beans and rice mixed with sausage.
- Another cupcake truck for people looking for their sugar fix. I'll confess to not being big on cupcakes, but like last month's truck, this one appears to have some interesting options.
Back from Last Time
- Shrimp Pimp--I waited in line for a long at this one last month. It was worth it. Get the Shrimp Po' Boy, if you get nothing else, but really you should also get the bruschetta appetizer, which is incredibly good.
- No Reservations--Surprisingly unpopular during last month's event, this truck was swamped during the first ever Fancy Food Truck Friday. I've eaten there twice, and the steak sandwiches are just really good. The fries, too.
- Greenz On Wheelz--I went to the last month specifically to eat here after it was not at last month's Food Truck Friday. The art ended up being really cool as well, though. For newcomers to Greenz on Wheelz, all you need to know is that the wraps are tight, and there are several excellent and healthy salad-packed wrap options. Also, they have good not-so-healthy melted sandwich options like the pulled pork sandwich.
- Hungry Nomad--I still have not made it to this truck despite its presence at multiple events. Anyone have a recommendation on what to order?