The long-awaited Altadena Farmers Market will meet for the first time today from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Loma Alta Park.
The market, which is run by a former organizer of the Altadena Urban Farmers Market, will include both prepared food and fruits, vegetables, dairy and meat for sale.
The market is sponsored by the local Altadena Heritage non-profit, and is scheduled to meet weekly on Wednesdays starting today.
Below is the list of farmers and vendors
• The Garden of…- organic produce and flowers, Los Olivos
• Kenter Canyon Farms – Salad green mixes and herbs
• Suncoast Farms – Dried beans, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables.
• Elsers Country Farm – Organic family farm, Yucaipa
• Farquhar Farms – Family farm, Redlands
• Muir Ranch — John Muir High School garden, Pasadena
• Drake Family Farm — Farmstead goat cheese, Ontario
• Jubilee Farm — Berkshire Pork, Grass fed beef, chicken, turkey, eggs. Sacramento
• The Growing Home — Diamond Bar (sub)urban farmer
• Flora Ito's Garden – Glassell Park (sub)urban farmer
• Silver Lake Farms – Local (sub)urban flower grower, Silver Lake
• Etheridge Organics — Organic stone fruit, citrus, cherries, Dinuba• Ellwood Canyon — Organic produce, Santa Barbara• The City Farm — (sub)urban farmer Reies Flores, chicken and duck eggs, Glassell Park• Whittier Backyard Farms — (sub)urban backyard greens, Whittier
Prepared Food Vendors:
• Big Mista' BBQ — Pulled Chicken & Pork, Brisket, Turkey Tri-Tip, Pastrami
• Plow & Gun Coffee — Hand-roasted drip coffee bar, coffee soda, Altadena
• Pine Street Products — Handmade soaps, Altadena (sub)urban farmer
• Molonay Tubilderborst— Wild-yeast artisanal breads, Downtown L.A.
• Sqirl Preserves– farm-centric artisinal jams, Silver Lake
• Deisy's Tasty Food — Salvadoran Pupusas made of thick, hand-made corn tortillas with fillings
• Beyond the Olive – California olive oils with a fill-it-yourself station
• Fox Pizza Bus — A double-decker London bus kitted out with a wood-fried pizza oven, Los Angeles
• Mother Moo – Organic Ice Cream, Sierra Madre
• Twist and Jar — Handmade wild-yeast pretzels and homemade mustard, Glendale
• Gary's Knife Sharpening — Expert knife and garden tool sharpening while you shop• Shucked Oyster Bar — Fresh oysters, muscles, clams and prepared fish