How to Submit an Edison Windstorm Damage Claim

Southern California Edison officials have provided the following information to customers looking to make a claim.

Southern California Edison is still receiving questions about how to submit compensation claims for any losses related to November's windstorms.

While the below information may be helpful for submitting claims, Edison also noted in its press release that "typically, SCE is not liable for losses associated with outages resulting from acts of nature or other factors beyond its control."

Below is the information needed to submit a claim:

1. Collect any documents that show support for the claim.

Customers may send copies and should save original documents. If the reimbursement claim is for food losses, customers who no longer have receipts may submit an itemized list.


2.  Fill out a claim form.

Customers may call SCE Customer Service at (800) 250-7339 and ask to have a blank claim form mailed to them, or may fill one out online at www.sce.com/claims.


3.  Customers should select only one of the following ways to send a claim to SCE:

  • Online – Fill out a claim form at www.sce.com/claims.
  • Email – Send a completed claim form as an email attachment, along with electronic copies of supporting documents, to claims@sce.com.
  • Fax – Fax a completed claim form and supporting documents to (626) 569-2573.
  • Mail – Send a completed claim form and supporting documents to:

                        Southern California Edison

                        Attention: Claims Department

                        P.O. Box 900

                        Rosemead, CA 91770

 For more information on submitting claims, customers may visit www.sce.com/claims.

To speak to an SCE representative, call (800) 250-7339 or email questions to claims@sce.com.

For assistance in languages other than English, customers may call:


Español                                   (800) 250-7339

Chinese 中文                          (800) 843-8343

Korean 한국의                       (800) 628-3061

Vietnamese Tiếng Việt            (800) 327-3031

Cambodian                              (800) 843-1309

Lisa Hastings February 15, 2012 at 03:54 AM
I submitted a $250 claim for spoiled food. I recently received a letter from SCE advising me that they would be sending me a check within ten business days.
T February 15, 2012 at 04:39 PM
How did you submit a claim for spoiled food? Did you send them receipts of your new purchases?
Lisa Hastings February 15, 2012 at 06:39 PM
@T. Yes, I sent them receipts. However, I understand that SCE may accept an itemized list for the food lost. Also, I wrote on the claim form that had SCE communicated more clearly to its customers, and also been better prepared for this disaster, then I would not have lost the food. That's because living out of ice chests works for about two days. After that, it is difficult to maintain safe temperatures for food and so I had to throw it all out. This is what I wrote on my claim form. It also helped that the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) has publicly shamed SCE for their handling of the outage and I also filed a complaint with the PUC because SCE was not acknowledging my claim. Good luck!
T February 15, 2012 at 08:43 PM
Thank you! I was without power for 5 days and had to throw all the food out of 2 refrigerators and freezers. So angry! When I called them and asked about it they said I had to prove it. Take a picture of my trash can full of food? They made me so mad. I will try to file a claim and use my bank statements for receipts. Thank you!


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something