Southern California Edison is still receiving questions about how to submit compensation claims for any losses related to November's windstorms.
While the below information may be helpful for submitting claims, Edison also noted in its press release that "typically, SCE is not liable for losses associated with outages resulting from acts of nature or other factors beyond its control."
Below is the information needed to submit a claim:
1. Collect any documents that show support for the claim.
Customers may send copies and should save original documents. If the reimbursement claim is for food losses, customers who no longer have receipts may submit an itemized list.
2. Fill out a claim form.
Customers may call SCE Customer Service at (800) 250-7339 and ask to have a blank claim form mailed to them, or may fill one out online at www.sce.com/claims.
3. Customers should select only one of the following ways to send a claim to SCE:
- Online – Fill out a claim form at www.sce.com/claims.
- Email – Send a completed claim form as an email attachment, along with electronic copies of supporting documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax – Fax a completed claim form and supporting documents to (626) 569-2573.
- Mail – Send a completed claim form and supporting documents to:
Southern California Edison
Attention: Claims Department
P.O. Box 900
Rosemead, CA 91770
For more information on submitting claims, customers may visit www.sce.com/claims.
To speak to an SCE representative, call (800) 250-7339 or email questions to email@example.com.
For assistance in languages other than English, customers may call:
Español (800) 250-7339
Chinese 中文 (800) 843-8343
Korean 한국의 (800) 628-3061
Vietnamese Tiếng Việt (800) 327-3031
Cambodian (800) 843-1309