Everyone is invited to Altadena Library’s Third Annual Art on Millionaire’s Row arts and crafts festival which will take place on Saturday June 9 from 10 am to 6 pm. The art fair will feature local artists and crafts vendors, a juried salon exhibit, live music throughout the day, delicious food from Altadena’s favorites, children’s activities, and fun for the whole family. Make a day of it. Free parking will be available at both the Altadena Senior Center just west of the library and the Girl Scout Camp just north of the library.
What to expect at the Art Fair:
1. An exhibition of art, all for sale, in the library building itself. There will be a juried competition, with prizes awarded. The fifty fine art pieces entered include ceramics, art glass, oil, acrylic, watercolor, and pastel landscapes and nature studies, sculpture, and digital and film photography. All of the artists are from Altadena or surrounding communities. An artists’ reception and awards presentations will take place on Friday evening from 6 to 9 pm in the Community Room. Refreshments will be served.
2. About forty artists and craftspeople will be selling their work in booths on the library grounds. Objects and materials include paintings, photography, fabric and textile art, ceramics, glass, sculpture and pottery and jewelry. There will be something for everyone. Proceeds from the sale of artwork benefit the Altadena Library.
3. Live music will play all day long on the grounds. Musicians include local bands, guitar players, and singers of folk, popular standard, and torch songs. In addition, there will be "wandering minstrels" roving the grounds and playing as inspired. One of the bands playing features several astronomers from JPL with vocalist Sallie Cruise Vice President of Friends of the Altadena Library.
4. For the children there will be a face painter, balloons, and art activities with materials and instructions, all for free.
5. A special art project "Eyes on Art" in which each piece features one or more pair of eyeglasses which will be donated by participating artists to be sold to the public with the proceeds to benefit the Altadena Library Foundation.
6. Food vendors, mostly local favorites, selling fried chicken, Louisiana-style sausages, tamales, salads, sandwiches, fruit cups, pastries, cookies, cupcakes, and ice cream, and hot and cold coffee drinks and smoothies.
For more information, visit www.altadenalibrary.org or call 626-798-0833.