A Pasadena resident reported seeing a bear at approximately 2:50 a.m. Tuesday in her driveway on Linda Glen, on a small hill overlooking the Rose Bowl, according to a Nixle report.
Over the weekend, other sightings were reported of bears rummaging through trash cans in Pasadena on Wierfield Drive, off Glen Oaks, north of Patrician Way.
Also last weekend, the Altadena Sheriff's Station deputies responded to a call from Kinneloa Mesa about a .
Here are eight tips to keep you safe if you run into a bear, whether in the wilderness or in an urban area:
- Never hike alone; always stick to the trail.
- Keep kids nearby.
- Do not approach the animal.
- Do not run away from the animal.
- Always stand tall, make eye contact with the bear, and pick up your children without turning your back to the beast.
- Do all you can to make yourself appear bigger.
- Raise your arms and hands, throw rocks, branches, make noise, wave your arms slowly and speak loudly.
- Report sightings to authorities immediately.