In light of new vendors like Pressed Juicery joining the Altadena Farmers’ Market and others like The Cityfarm returning, the Altadena Farmers’ Market has updated its list of vendors.
The list, which was created in September 2012 but was updated this week, can be found on the market’s facebook page here and below and will continue to be updated, the market shared.
What vendors are you most excited about and what others would you like added to the market? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Altadena Farmers’ Market Vendors
- Bliss Premium Avocados: Organic avocados and sweet corn - Carpenteria, CA
- Chuy's Berry Farm: Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries - San Luis Obispo, CA
- Dey Dey's Best Beef Ever: Grass fed and finished beef, pasture-raised chicken meat and eggs - Lompoc, CA. http://www.bestbeefever.com
- Drake Family Farms: Farmstead, artisan goat cheese - Ontario, CA. http://www.drakefamilyfarms.com/index.html
- Ellwood Canyon Farms: Certified organic mixed fruits and vegetables - Goleta, CA. http://ellwoodcanyonfarms.com (seasonal)
- Etheridge Organics: Organic stone fruits, citrus, and grapes - Orosi, CA
- Fat Uncle Farms: Raw and flavored blistered almonds, almond butter and almond milk - Wasco, CA. http://funclefarms.blogspot.com (seasonal)
- Jazzy Sprouts: 37 different types of beans and sprouts grown to the tune of farmer Dexter Scott's army band clarinet - Reseda, Los Angeles, CA
- Klausesbees: Raw, unfiltered, California honey - Los Angeles, CA
- Moua Farms: Root vegetables, Asian greens, sugarcane, and herbs - Clovis, CA
- Organic Pastures: Family-Owned and Operated Organic Raw Dairy - Fresno, CA. http://www.organicpastures.com (sold at the Dey Dey's Best Beef Ever booth)
- Pine Street Farm: Local, [sub]urban farmer selling a variety of citrus and herbs - Altadena, CA (seasonal)
- Spade & Seeds: Local, [sub]urban farmer specializing unusual, garden worthy varieties of open pollinated vegetable, flower and herb seedlings grown according to the Biodynamic lunar calendar - South Pasadena, CA. http://spadeandseeds
- Suncoast Farms: Cruciferous vegtables, dried beans - Lompoc, CA (seasonal)
- The CityFarm: Local, [sub]urban farmer specializing in chicken and duck eggs. Quail eggs coming soon! - Glassel Park, Los Angeles, CA (seasonal)
- The Growing Home: Local, [sub]urban farmer with a variety of rare and medicinal herbs, like lemongrass and kefir lime leaves - Diamond Bar, CA (at market every other week). http://thegrowinghome.net
- Whisper Farms: Local, [sub]urban farmer growing lettuces and greens aquaponically - Altadena, CA.
- Ben Potter's Knife Sharpening: Local Altadena bladesmith and knife sharpener
- Brassica & Brine: Organic, traditional, wild-fermented foods, such as saurkraut, kimchi and kombucha - http://www.brassicaandbrine.com
- Brun's Creole Soul Kitchen: Best gumbo & crawfish pie you will ever eat in your life. (Brun regularly gets marriage proposals from straight men when they taste his cooking)
- Bulgarini Gelato: Altadena's own gelateria, also sells fresh pasta and other Italian treats. http://www.bulgarinigelato.com (new December 5)
- Deisy's Tasty Food: Handmade pupusas and fresh squeezed lemonades.
- Handmade Floral: Unique and abundant floral boquets.
- Mama Musubi: Japanese rice balls stuffed with vegetables, meat or fish and miso soup with fresh farmers' market vegetables.
- Milkman LA: Sourcing farmstead, artisan, microdairy California cheeses - http://milkmanla.com
- Molonay Tubilderborst: Wild yeast artisinal breads, granola, croissant and savory ketchup
- Morning Glory Confections: Micro-batch peanut brittles, brownies (spicy and valrhona), chocolate chip brittle cookies and sweet and savory galettes - http://www.morninggloryconfections.com
- Pine Street Products: Local, homemade bath and body products made with plant products sourced from owner, Rosa Leon's Altadena backyard
- Plow & Gun Coffee: Micro-roasted, seasonal single-origin coffee; whole beans, pour overs and coffee soda
- Pressed Juicery: Fresh, raw and unpasteurized juices and cleanse packages - http://www.pressedjuicery.com
- Rice & Beans: Procurer of organic bulk dried goods, like beans, rice, popcorn, oats, etc. - http://riceandbeansla.blogspot.com
- Salsa Poblanos: Handmade chips, salsas, tortillas, and tamales
- Shucks Oyster Bar & Grill: Freshly shucked oysters and packaged smoked fish (salmon, trout and sturgeon)
- Sqirl Preserves: Organic, fair trade, seasonal jams, and recently, PB&J! - http://sqirlla.com
What do you think of this updated list of market vendors?