An unsettled weather pattern will continue late into next week, the National Weather Service reported Sunday as a series of weather systems will move through the region.
The current weather system that moved into the region Saturday night will bring a chance of rain and mountain snow to the region through Sunday night, according to the NWS.
Rain will likely be light, though some locations in Ventura and Los Angeles counties may receive an additonal few hundredths of an inch of rain.
The potential impacts of the storm include snowfall and dense fog across mountain roads overnight and slick frosted roadways at lower elevations, the weather service reported.
There will be patchy overnight and morning fog, the NWS reported.
The next system will begin to move into the region on Monday, and will have spread across the region by Tuesday, according to the weather service.
This next system will be stronger and wetter than the last two systems, the NWS reported.
The weather will clear late on Wednesday through early Friday and temperatures should warm to nearly normal.
By late Friday, another relatively weak weather system will approach the region.
The weekday forecast for Altadena, according to the National Weather Service, is:
- Monday A chance of drizzle before 10am, then a chance of rain after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. South southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Monday Night Rain likely, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. South southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Rain likely before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 58. North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 64.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 45.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.