According to the email sent out by event organizers, the theme of this month's food truck event seems to be "Autumn Bounty."
It's a little early, but I'll take it... I'm looking forward to fall colors and cooler temperatures, even if they are somewhat less pronounced than elsewhere in the country.
But to get back to the present, be prepared for some heat at Friday's event - the high on Friday is forecast to be 99 degrees, so it might be prudent to wait until the sun is low in the sky to head for food truck goodness.
The good news is there are some old favorites as well as some new trucks this month, so brave the heat and show up.
For those who don't know, the event runs from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday in the parking lot behind the complex - the event is organized and sponsored by . As with past events, the mobile petting zoo from one-time Altadena institution Danny's Farm will be in attendance this week, though only from 6 to 8 p.m.
Below, the run-down of trucks.
New to Town
- Cairo Cowboy - From their website, it is hard to tell if they are all-mobile or also have a store front location (there is a Santa Monica location associated with it). If the menu on their website is for the truck... well then wow! It's a big menu, Mediterranean-themed, but also with homemade pizzas and an "Egyptian burrito." Consider me intrigued.
- Wake N Bake Wagon
- Greenz On Wheelz - This is a very friendly Altadena-friendly truck showing up not just to multiple Food Truck Fridays, but also to various other events around town. I think the owner must love Altadena. I know I love the truck. The shredded pork melt and the blue cheese steak wrap are both good buys.
- Sweet Arleen's - An entrant on the Food Network's Cupcake Wars program, this truck has cupcakes, bread pudding, and other sweets.
- The Greasy Wiener - I owe these guys a visit. Every time they show up, I write a bit about their "Jersey Style Hot Dogs" and how I don't know what that is, despite being from New Jersey. I think I am going to have to find out this week.
- Baby's Badass Burgers - These guys have been to just one other Food Truck Friday, I think, and I have not tried them yet. Their website suggets an extensive menu of burger options served by beautiful female vendors.