Maybe it is a coincidence but it sure seems like a lot is going in the right direction lately in Altadena for people who want a more robust local business community.
- A is in the works near the intersection of New York and Allen.
- An could be opened at the northeast corner of Altadena and Washington.
- A wood-fired pizza cafe and bar that is planned to eventually open at the former site of the Gallery at the End of the World may still be a ways off, but has at least advanced to the point where it has a Facebook page under the name 'Bar Altadena.'
- A at the intersection of Lincoln and Figueroa, though so far, the company operating it has not come forward to identify itself.
- The Altadena Farmers Market is set to start up May 30 with a and .
- The half-built vacant commercial lot at Lincoln and Altadena has .
It is these types of changes that has the new market manager for the farmers market .
Of course, some people have said either in the or on this site, or elsewhere, that they prefer a quieter community, so there may be some not eager to see all of these changes.
We're curious to know what you think: are these positive developments for Altadena? Is this enough change or just a good start for more changes down the road? Or would you prefer to the community to stay the way it is?
Please tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.