1. Assemblymember Chris Holden will give a “State of the State’ address at the Altadena Town Council meeting 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Altadena Community Center, 730 E. Altadena Dr. Click here for more details.
2. Yes, it’s fall, but the local weather will warm up again this week. Check out the week’s forecast for Altadena here.
3. The two-week government shutdown is continuing to make a local impact. The USGS is down to a “skeleton” crew as the shutdown enters its second week. Read the story here.
4. Have some great advice on local fitness? Want to discuss politics or faith? Love writing about local food? We want to hear from you! Becoming a Patch blogger is easy! Start your new blog here.
5. Heading out on the freeways this morning? Check out Altadena Patch’s live traffic map before you head out on your morning commute.